I am pleased as punch to announce that I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by my friend Meg at “Ruminations of a Fantasy Devotee”: http://meglatorre.wordpress.com/
I had to look up what the Leibster Award is and this is what I found: “…Leibster is a German term for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome”.
Here are the rules: First is to accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site (done – and thankyou Meg!).
- Rule number 1 is to list 11 random facts about yourself. (done)
- Rule number 2 is to nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogsites. (done)
- Rule number 3 is to notify the bloggers of their award. (will do now)
- Rule number 4 is to ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award. (done)
- Rule number 5 is I answer the questions left for you by the blogger who gave you the award. (done)
As far as nominations go, I have picked a handful of bloggers who:
a) I have had some personal contact with, through comments or likes and/or
b) Blog great stuff that really inspires me and/or
c) Make me laugh!
Part 1: 11 Random Facts
- My favourite colour is yellow, but I never wear it.
- I never wanted to be an author growing up. I wanted to be a mad scientist. Too bad that I sucked at chemistry.
- I used to be a state representative weightlifter (seriously). I even won a medal at the Australian Nationals.
- When I was young, I had an obsession with writing “choose your own adventure” novels. I still have stacks of loose leaf pages in the garage with “if you take the left fork in the road, turn to page 60” and the like on them.
- I hate rockmelon
- I love pineapple
- I love speaking in public (perhaps I just love the sound of my own voice)
- I never get enough sleep
- I wish I could draw
- I collect books
- I live in my own little world, but its okay, because everyone knows me there.
Part 2: Nominations
- Maureen @ http://inkashlings.wordpress.com/
- Charles @ http://legendsofwindemere.com/
- Matthew @ http://atoasttodragons.com/
- Lillian @ http://forgingshadows.wordpress.com/
- Tim @ http://avcortez.wordpress.com/about/
- Ionia @ http://readfulthingsblog.com
- Ty @ http://firstnovelblog.wordpress.com
- Splashazure @ http://lightswithinthedarkness.wordpress.com
- Alexander @ http://approachingepic.wordpress.com/
- Jae @ http://litandscribbles.wordpress.com/
- Rochelle @ http://rlsharpe.wordpress.com/
Part 3: Notfiy
Part 4: 11 Questions for you all to answer
- Favorite colour:
- Favorite hero or villain in a novel:
- Pet peeve:
- Something on your bucket list:
- Favorite song to dance to:
- Best day of your life (so far):
- Favorite place you’ve travelled:
- Most prized possession:
- If you could go back in time, which time period would you visit:
- Who would they cast to play you in a movie:
- If you could have one super power, what would it be:
Part 5: Questions to answer:
- Favorite hobby: apart from writing, cooking (not really a hobby, more like a necessity)
- Favorite food: probably cheese of some sort. Goat’s cheese or a really strong, vintage cheddar
- A silly memory: Getting stuck up a tree (I might have been trying to be an elf)
- Favorite genre of literature: Fantasy (kinda obvious that one!)
- Most influential writer: Tolkien, although my style is very different from his
- Pet peeve: Hypocrisy
- Something on your bucket list: Skydiving
- Favorite vacation spot: Somewhere with beautiful architecture and great food
- Where you most want to travel: Europe (again), but to live there next time.
- Favorite/most preferred accessory: Scarves and sunglasses
- Favorite sport: Olympic-style weightlifting, although I only watch it these days. To play, table tennis.